I Lecci - Terms & Conditions 2018
- The property known as I Lecci (“the Property”) is offered for holiday rental, subject to confirmation by Martin & Tina Leggett (“the Owners”) to the renter (“the Client”).
- To reserve the Property, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (30% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owners will send a confirmation, receipt and invoice for the balance. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
- The balance of the rent, together with the security deposit (see clause 4) is payable not less than eight (8) weeks prior to the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owners reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owners are able to re-let the Property. In this event, clause 7 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made with eight (8) weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- A security deposit of UK £300.00, €350.00, USD $400.00 or equivalent is required in case of damage to the Property or to its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within 14 days after the end of the rental period.
- Any additional chargeable expenses arising from breakages or damage during the rental period will be deducted from the security deposit after departure.
- A charge of UK £1750.00, €200.00 or USD $230.00 or equivalent will be made in advance for cleaning and laundry.
- In the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the Property, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc. since these are not covered by the Owner’s insurance.
- The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated, unless agreed otherwise.
- The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed the number indicated in the listing unless the Owner has given written permission. Pets are not allowed. Please note smoking is not permitted in the House.
- The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The Owners reserve the right to make an additional retention from the security deposit to cover exceptional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition.
- The Client shall report to the Owner’s agent without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property or surroundings, and arrangements for repair and / replacement will be made as soon as possible.
- The Owners shall not be liable to the Client:
- For any failure in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Property or surrounds
- For any loss, damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
- For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
- For the death, sickness or injury to any person or persons whilst staying at the property or whilst using any of its facilities.
- Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owners for the rental period.
- The Client is responsible for the replacement of any items broken or damaged during their stay.
This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England. If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions please contact the owners: Martin and Tina Leggett, Schlossstrasse 6, Eglisau 8193 (ZH), Switzerland or email@example.com